In this complaints procedure, the following definitions apply: –
complaint: any written expression of dissatisfaction by or on behalf of the client towards the lawyer or the persons working under his responsibility regarding the conclusion and execution of an agreement for services, the quality of the services provided or the amount of the fee, not being a complaint as referred to in section 4 of the Lawyers Act (Advocatenwet);
– complainant: the client or his representative who makes a complaint known;
– complaints officer: the lawyer in charge of handling the complaint.
Scope of application:
1. These complaints regulations apply to any agreement for services between Guldemond Advocaten B.V. (“Guldemond Advocaten”) and the client.
2. Guldemond Advocaten shall ensure that complaints are handled in accordance with this complaints procedure.
The objectives of the complaints procedure are:
a. To establish a procedure to deal with client complaints in a constructive manner within a reasonable period.
b. To establish a procedure to determine the causes of client complaints.
c. To maintain and improve existing relationships through proper complaints handling.
d. To train staff members in client-focused response to complaints.
e. To improve the quality-of-service delivery with the help of complaint handling and complaint analysis.
Information on commencement of service:
1. This complaints procedure is publicly available at www.guldemondadvocaten.nl. Before entering the contract for services, the lawyer will inform the client that the firm has a complaints procedure and that it applies to the services provided.
2. Complaints as referred to in article 1 of this office complaints procedure that are not resolved after treatment shall be submitted to the District Court in Amsterdam.
1. If a client approaches the firm with a complaint, the complaint will be forwarded to Mr. Sascha Lang, who thereby acts as complaints officer. In the event of a conflict of interest, Guldemond Advocaten may appoint a further complaints officer.
2. The complaints officer will notify the person complained about of the filing of the complaint and will give the complainant and the person complained about the opportunity to explain the complaint.
3. The person complained about shall try to reach a solution together with the client, with or without the intervention of the complaints officer.
4. The complaints officer will settle the complaint within four weeks of receiving it or will notify the complainant of any deviation from this deadline, giving reasons, and stating the period within which a decision on the complaint will be made.
5. The complaints officer shall notify the complainant and the person complained about in writing of the opinion on the merits of the complaint, whether or not accompanied by recommendations.
6. If the complaint is settled satisfactorily, the complainant, the complaints officer and the person complained about shall sign the opinion on the merits of the complaint.
7. Only complaints formulated in the Dutch or English language will be dealt with. Complaints will also only be dealt with in the Dutch or English language.
Confidentiality and free handling:
1. The complaints officer and the lawyer about whom a complaint has been made will observe confidentiality when handling complaints.
2. The client will not be charged for the costs of handling the complaint.
1. The Complaints Officer is responsible for handling and resolving complaints.
2. The person complained about will keep the complaints officer informed about any contact and possible resolution.
3. The complaints officer shall keep the client informed about the handling of the complaint.
4. The complaints officer keeps the complaint file.
Registration of complaints:
1. The complaints officer registers the complaint, including the subject of the complaint.
2. A complaint may be divided into several topics.
3. The complaints officer shall report periodically on the handling of complaints and make recommendations to prevent new complaints and to improve procedures.
4. At least once a year, the reports and recommendations shall be discussed at the office and submitted for decision-making.
Guldemond Advocaten B.V. does not have a foundation for the management of third-party funds and therefore cannot receive third-party funds.